Novi Labs is a venture backed rapidly growing artificial intelligence driven company based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to improve economic outcomes for our Customers on their Oil & Gas investments.
The Oil & Gas sector has historically struggled to derive actionable insights from it’s vast amounts of data. Novi was founded by industry experts, data scientists, and experienced software engineers to help solve this problem. Our heritage in building scalable, data driven analytical software applications positions us extremely well to help customers optimize multi-billion dollar annual capital investments.
Novi’s customers include innovative Oil & Gas Operators and forward-thinking energy investors. Collectively, they invest hundreds of billions of dollars in capital annually to find and develop energy assets. Novi improves outcomes on these investments through applied artificial intelligence – which reduces risk through data driven optimization. Stated simply, we help our clients choose the best way to invest their capital.
We pride ourselves on our ability to attract great talent by offering a challenging, collaborative, and rewarding work environment. We have a track record of inventing real solutions to challenging problems and a reputation for building great software that our users love. Our team includes data scientists, software engineers, data analysts, and customer success experts to build and support a ground-breaking software solution for our customers.
The Data Analyst reports to the VP of Customer Care and is an impactful position that touches all aspects of Novi’s business. Your will work to support existing and new customers and act as a liaison between Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, and Data Science.
A successful candidate will define and execute data analytics initiatives that drive efficiency and/or customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for identifying and analyzing opportunities while executing delivery of projects. You will be working with internal and external partner teams. This role will require strategic thinking and strong client focus.
- Inventory & process customer and public data through best practice methodologies
- Identify and present data quality issues to the customer and work directly with the customer or the Data Science team to resolve issues.
- Kick off and manage Machine Learning model build jobs for prepared data sets.
- Validate model build results according to industry and Novi Data Science best practices.
- Create, manage, and organize Machine Learning input datasets
- Prepare and present ML model build artifacts both internally and to the customer.
- Ensure that customer production environments are up to date with latest customer-approved models.
- Successfully manage multiple customer engagements simultaneously
- Identify and drive opportunities for improvement in data ingestion to Novi product management and engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years in a data analytics, or similar role.
- Advanced proficiency in extracting and manipulating large data files across a number of formats
- Experience working with Oil & Gas data
- A basic understanding of SQL and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to speak calmly, clearly and confidently to customers.
- Well organized and self starting with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize and self-task accordingly.
- Experience with version control (git) a plus
- Experience working with data science, machine learning and SaaS based software solutions a plus.
Travel & Location:
- Up to 25% travel for customer meetings & project kickoffs.
- Position is based in Austin, TX.